Share online articles and videos of interest with your students and prospects to start a conversation about THEIR interests, goals, and dreams. Listen and provide resources more than you talk about yourself, or “sell” the Feldenkrais Method® of somatic education. If you send an e-newsletter or post regularly to social media, Here are some resources we found that will establish your authority as a source of valuable information in your community:
- Marg Bartosek: Feldenkrais® Lessons for Parkinson’s (2019 Feldenkrais Summit Excerpt) 10-minute chair lesson, exploring movements that are useful for PwP.
- Marg Bartosek’s website; resources, newsletters, audio lessons for aging well
- Matt Zepelin: The Parkinson’s Podcast – Mindful Movement. Free podcast series and audio library of ATM lessons and meditations
- FGNA SenseAbility Magazine: outreach to the General Public, often features a monthly theme. The July issue focuses on Parkinson’s disease and the Feldenkrais Method, with engaging articles by Ernie Adams, MaryBeth Smith, and Annette Weiss. Read it and forward it via the link.
- Blog post: 10 Things That Can Help You Deal With Your New Diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease
- More Parkinson’s resources on feldenkrais.com, Learn More About Parkinson’s Disease
- Enhancing the Awareness Through Movement® Experience for People With Parkinson’s Disease.
- Follow up, follow up, follow up. Stay “on their radar” in a friendly way. You’ll soon find that talking with people about your work, and how you can help them, flows more easily. Start a conversation, build a relationship, and open your door to clients!